Wednesday 5 January 2011

New Year: New You?


So what will the New Year bring? The old year has taught me that we cannot really know. If someone had told me twelve months ago what the year would hold I would have laughed in their face! Either that or gone completely crazy. 

But that doesn’t mean we can’t make plans, just that our plans need to be held lightly. So what plans have you made? Maybe it’s all about losing weight or getting fit. Perhaps it’s to spend more time with family and/or friends. Maybe there’s something you want to give up, or start doing. Maybe it’s something that includes getting to know God a bit better or finding out more about Him. 

I’m reading a book called The Grace Outpouring, which you may already have read; it’s about blessings from God through prayer. As you might imagine after all the events of the past year, I have started being more deliberate about praying more regularly and this is a book about blessing others through prayer. If you’re at all interested in the subject then do get hold of a copy, the story is an amazing one, and I’m only one chapter 3!   

So, for me the new year will be about blessing other people. I believe that this is what God wants to do, not to judge us or condemn us, not to pick at our faults or run us down. His heart is to love his people and to show us how much he loves us by showing us good things.
And who knows, but maybe by praying for others to be blessed it will produce a new me!

The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you,
The Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jenni, and I pray that God will continue to use you to bring many blessings to others, and as you do, I know He will bless you too!

    ReplyDelete